Thursday, February 17, 2011

Please Leave a Voice-mail Messege

I can not stress this enugh. Leaving a voice-mail messege is the best way to get your information to the person that you are looking for if they are not available.

Seriously, voice-mails are not your enemy.

I can not tell you how many of our shippers have not left important messages and wondered why they never received a call back when they needed it. Most were about changes to their pick up or delivery dates. This information is very, very important and should be left in your message. As well as a good call back number that you can answer.

Too many times have I been asked to take a message that was just a 'have them call me' with no number or sometimes no name. The ones that give me pages of detailed information so fast and get angry that they have to repeat parts until I feel I have it all? That type of message needs to go to voicemail. written messages get lost or forgotten, but mostly lost.

It always seems that when no voice-mail is available everyone only wants to leave a voice-mail. But when It is available they only want me to write the message. Unfortunately this is something were not everyone will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment