Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Explaining the Self in Self Storage

I will never, ever understand why people with ask if they have to move their own items into self storage. On one hand the joke never gets old. On the other hand I want to bang my head on my desk every time I hear it.

Self Storage is just that, you store it your self. You rent the unit and you move it in all by yourself.

While the company will have someone working they are not there to move your items into the unit. This is for insurance purposes. No company is going to take liabilty for that.

Some might have workers you can hire to move your items but they will not be free. Even if you think htey are they are not. People cost money.

Also, no company pays people to stand around. Likewise they are not going to allow people to stand around and offer their services. Again it's an insurance thing. Insurance is very expensive these days and no one wants to be sued.

No comments:

Post a Comment